Union Cemetery

Union Cemetery
Click on the Image to view the Cemetery Database

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sorry for Not Posting Much in Last Few Days

As you probably know the Upper Mid West has been under a Noah's Ark Alert for the last two weeks. Rain, rain, and more Rain. I thought the "Rainy Season" only occurred in the Far East?

Anyway, with Rain Drops fallin' on my Head, A very Sick Father in Law, My wife attending a week long, All Day long Church Conference, I have been distracted somewhat. I did manage to get to the University of Wisconsin yesterday. That's where the State Historical Society Library is located. I managed to verify a few more possible Civil War Soldiers buried in the Cemetery, and found a copy of the Boyle County Cemetery Book.

Another item of interest is that Jacob Crow, A Revolutionary War Soldier is also buried in Old Union and some of his descendants maintain a web site on the Crow Family and have information on Jacob. It is at: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~crow2000/toc.htm

This site has pictures of the Union Cemetery and some of the Crow Stones there. They were also close with and married into the Brumfield family.

Please note that there was another Jacob Crow about this same time in history who lived in Greene County, Pennsylvania. Not the Same man.

I will post more about Civil War Soldiers Later today.

No comments: