Union Cemetery

Union Cemetery
Click on the Image to view the Cemetery Database

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mapping Database Update

Today I changed Cemetery location Old LH 40 which was marked as Unreadable to reflect the evidence that this is the stone for Roan D. Gartin b. 1839 who was the wife of William Crowdus b. 1830. They are in the 1860 Census as husband and wife with a child named Sally. I cannot find them again in the census. So I am assuming that she died during the 1860s and it appears that William may have moved on to Texas as I can find a person who I believe is him in later years in Texas. If you have further info on Roan or William or Sally please let me know.
If anyone lives close to the cemetery and would like to volunteer to honor Roan's memory, it would be very nice to find the other small missing pieces of her stone so we can add her dates of birth and death to our records. They must be there and hopefully still readable. The picture of her stone is in a posting below.

No comments: