Union Cemetery

Union Cemetery
Click on the Image to view the Cemetery Database

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

2010 Reunion Reminder and Information

Dear Harmon, Gray, Pipes Family Members,

1. Reminder - Family Reunion is this coming Sunday, August 8 at Perryville Christian Church @ 1:30 pm

2. Family member Ross Pipes has a cooking blog and a book review blog. Click on links below for some great recipes and book reviews.

http://www.grandpashomecooking.typepad.com/

See note received from Ross today:
"I finally got my August book report written and posted. This was, without a doubt, a terrific month of cooking, cleaning house, hosting wonderful visits of family, and still become totally engaged in reading some remarkable books. I hope that you'll take the time to read all I have written about the three books I read in July. They are books I hope many will read. Now ... I'm finally ready to start reading a stack of new ... look forward to ... being great books."
Keep on reading http://www.pipesbookreview.blogspot.com/

3. We're fielding a question, "Is anyone interested in a Family Facebook Site to connect with other members of the Harmon, Gray and Pipes families?"

See thoughts on this in note I received recently from Ross Pipes:

"I wish there were a way to know more family members and to be able to communicate history, joys, and concerns. I wonder sometimes about family interests, careers, medical history, adoptions, religion, and concentrations of family within geographic areas (I was born and raised in Indianapolis, Indiana, but we have lived in the Durham (and Durham County), Chapel Hill (Orange County), and Raleigh area of North Carolina for 24 years. I wonder what other family members live in this area and whether we share any interests.
If a Pipes, Harmon, and Gray Facebook page were to be started, I think it would take some advance thought, energetic organization, and excellent initial launch messages to get it started on the right path."

If anyone has any interest in starting a Family Facebook site, you may get in touch with Ross Pipes at E-mail Address for further discussion. rosspipes@gmail.com

4. Would you like to share your family research with others? I am a volunteer at the Harrodsburg Historical Society. The Research Library maintains a large collection of family files, genealogy books, original documents, etc. Feel free to bring a copy to the Reunion on Sunday and give to me for donation to the Harrodsburg Historical Society Research Library.

5. If you are coming from out-of-town or out-of-state for the reunion, you may want to come a day or two early at do some family research in Boyle and Mercer Counties. The Harrodsburg Historical Society will be open Friday and Saturday from 1-4 pm each day.

Regards,

Peggy Harmon Edgington

No comments: