Union Cemetery

Union Cemetery
Click on the Image to view the Cemetery Database

Monday, August 20, 2007

Revolutionary War Soldiers In Old Union

I believe it will be important for many reasons that we determine who is buried in the Cemetery as Revolutionary War Soldiers and also Civil War Soldiers. It may help for historical context as well as fund raising. The story I have heard is that 5 Revolutionary War Soldiers are buried here. I know one for certain and that is John Pipes Jr.
The Cemetery Book and a booklet published by the DAR in 1963 titled "Revolutionary War Soldiers Buried in Boyle County" says that Jacob Crow is also buried here. I am in contact with two others who believe that Robert Mitchell and John Gray, are also buried here. Another possibly buried here is Michael Harmon who lived just a short distance away. We may have to do some research to prove their connections. Please let me know if you have any information about this subject.

No comments: